Recycling Scheme Coming to BRC!
As part of national recycling week, we are excited to announce that we will be working with Hershel Grammar School to collect recycled waste through the free TerraCycle recycling programme. Bath Road Central will be donating recycling bins to the school to enable them to continue with this amazing project. We’re looking to start this project on the 1st November 2020.
How does it work?
Hershel Grammar School have chosen three recycling programmes from TerraCycle’s hard-to-recycle list, members of the public can drop off items from one of these programmes to be recycled by TerraCycle. Hershel Grammar School will earn points which are turned into a donation to the school. The school has chosen to use this money to predominately promote recycling as part of their education programme.
We are calling on all our tenants to help us with this new recycling initiative. The below hard-to-recycle items can be recycled:
- Crisps, nuts, etc packets (https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/kpsnacks)
- Biscuits and snacks packets (https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/pladis)
- Writing instruments (https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/bic-uk)
Please click on the above links to find out exactly which products you can recycle.
If you would like to be involved then:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your recycling box (one box per type of hard-to-recycle waste).
- Once your recycling box is full, email email@example.com and we will pick it up from your offices.
Who is involved?
Herschel Grammar School: https://www.herschel.slough.sch.uk/
Heschel Grammar School is a co-educational school for pupils aged 11 to 18 years.
TerraCycle is Eliminating the Idea of Waste® by recycling the “non-recyclable.”, please see their website for more information.
Here are TerraCycle’s youtube videos where they explain their recycling process;
FAQ Part 2: What happens to the waste you send for recycling?
FAQ – Part 3: Why are changes made to the recycling programmes?
Please contact the marketing team if you have any question about the recycling initiative.